Sec.4(1)(b)(vii): The particulars of arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by, the members of the pubic in relation to the formulation of policy or implementation thereof
Sec.4 (1)(b)(vii): The particulars of arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formulation of policy or implementation thereof
- Relevant rule, circular etc for consultation.
- Arrangement adopted for consultation with or representation by the members of the public in the functional areas of the organization.
- Extension:The prescribed guidelines/norms/rules/procedures of the CPRI/ICAR are followed in carrying out the mandated activities of the Division in the area of research, teaching, trainings and extension activities. The relevant documents, reports, references materials, CPRI website etc. are referred and consulted for implementing the specified activities and programmes of the Division. The division also performs public relations activities as people from all walks of life visit the Unit for information and advice on the activities of the Institute/Indian agriculture.
- Prioritizing, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) Cell:The Prioritizing, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) Cell of the Institute has the major responsibility of coordination and monitoring of research activities at the Institute. Dissemination of scientific information to various concerned; preparation of reports, answers to parliament questions, and Five Year Plan documents; coordination of the visits of dignitaries and delegations, and assessments/reviews of scientists; and several tasks assigned by the Director/Joint Director (Research) from time to time, are various other activities that the PME cell performs. The Unit is a linkage between the scientists of the Institute, the Director, the Joint Director (Research) and the ICAR/DARE.
- Institute Technology Management Unit (ITMU):The ICAR-Central Potato Research Institute (CPRI) is committed to generate technologies leading to enhanced potato productivity and its utilization. To facilitate the production and exploitation of the technologies, institute has taken several demand driven initiatives for sustainable transformation to support poverty alleviation and income generation for poor farmers. The objective of ICAR-CPRI is to disseminate technologies and products by creating viable business venture and consultancies so that these technologies can be used for larger benefit of the society. The mandate of the institute is to promote entrepreneurs development in potato agri-business by transfer of technologies to individuals/end users /corporate by imparting consultancy and training for nurturing prospective entrepreneurs and raising skilled human resources. The institute, over past 69 years has created niche in potato R & D by developing more than 102 technologies including potato varieties, technologies, bioformulations, farm implements, processes & products for different stakeholders.
- In order to reach the technologies to the public/private industries/farmers/end users ICAR has granted the Institute technology management unit (ITMU) to ICAR-CPRI in the year 2007. The establishment of ITMU at ICAR-CPRI, Shimla marked the beginning of IPR regime primarily focusing towards management of IPR portfolio. ITMU acts as a facilitating and supporting unit to identify the emerging technologies. The unit scrutinizes and process the cases brought before it for filing of patent applications and transfer/commercialization of technologies at institute level. The ultimate goal is however, promotion of creation, dissemination, solicitation of technology based enterprises as well as entrepreneurial spirit, use and protection of intellectual property for socio-economic prosperity of the country as a whole. So far ITMU has made remarkable achievements by generating a revenue of about 15 millions through commercialising 5 technologies, filed /obtained 10 patents & registered 13 varieties with PPV& FRA, New Delhi.
- Publication Unit:An important mandate of the Institute is to develop an information system, add value to information and share the information nationally and internationally. The Publication committee discharges this function by bringing out several regular and adhoc publications both in English and Hindi. It is the nodal point for compilation, editing, monitoring, and control.The committee does the scrutiny of various journals and publications submitted and after the recommendation of committee, journals are sent for approval to the director.
- Days or time specified for visitors:There is a no any days or time fixed for visitors. However, as per visitors request we informed the date and time.
- There is a no any days or time fixed for visitors. Whenever required the prior appointment is being given to visitors to meet the Director.