Functions and duties
- The ICAR- Central potato Research Institute is a non-profit scientific institution under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, working exclusively on potato.
- The function of the Institute is as under:-
- Basic strategic and applied research to enhance sustainable productivity, quality and utilization of potato.
- Repository of genetic research and scientific information on potato
- Transfer of technology, capacity building and impact assessment of technologies.
- Disease – free nucleus and breeder seed potato production.
Coordinate research and validation of technologies through AICRP on potatoes
- Powers have been delegated to the Directors of Research Institutes/Laboratories and other field officers declared as Heads of Departments vide ICAR letter No. F.11(4)/75-Cdn (A&A) dt. 1.4.1977 (Appendix I) and modified vide order No. 6-2/90-Cdn (A&A), dt. 4.2.1993, 28.5.1993 and 29.3.1994, office order No.6-3/92-Cdn &A) dt. 28.7.1992.
- Scientific personnel are engaged in agricultural research & education (including extension education) where in physical, statistical, biological engineering, technological and social Sciences. This category of personnel include persons engaged in planning, programming and management of scientific research.
- Technical personnel perform technical services in support of research and education whether in the laboratory, workshop or field, or in areas like Library, Documentation, Publication and Agricultural Communication.
- Administrative personnel provide administrative support for the work of the Laboratory/Institute
- Supporting staff group ‘C’ personnel are generally to help and support the above categories of staff.