Ion Proton System for Next-Generation Sequencing
- Make : Ion torrent by Life technologies
- Model : Ion Proton™ Sequencer
- Capacity: 1 chip per run
- Chip Compatibility: Ion PI™ Chip
- Comments: Compatible with Ion OneTouch™ automated template prep system
- Data Output: BAM Files, FASTQ Files, SFF Files, VCF Files
- Dimensions: Depth: 30.5 in (77.5 cm), Height: 18.7 in (47.4 cm), Width: 21.3 in (54.2 cm)
- For Use With (Equipment): Ion Proton™ System
- High Throughput Compatibility: High Throughput-Compatible, Multiplexing
- Multiplex Capability: DNA: 96 off-the-shelf barcodes, RNA: 16 off-the-shelf barcodes, Up to 384 barcodes
- Output:Ion Proton I Chip: Up to 2 human exomes per run
- Product Line: Ion Proton™, Ion Torrent™
- Product Size:1 system
- Read Length: Up to 200 bp
- Reads⁄Run:Ion Proton I Chip: 60-80 million reads (passing filter at ≥50 bases)
- Run Time:2-4 hours
- Technique:Post-Light™ Ion Semiconductor Sequencing
- Throughput: Up to 10 Gb per run (Ion Proton I Chip)
- Weight: Crated for shipment: 200 lb (90.7 kg), Free-standing: 130 lb (59 kg)
Description:The Ion Proton™ System is the first benchtop sequencing system capable of human-scale genome, exome, or transcriptome sequencing in a few hours-with DNA-to-variants called in a single day.The system combines semiconductor sequencing technology with natural biochemistry to directly translate chemical information into digital data. By leveraging the exponential improvements in the semiconductor industry (known as Moore’s Law), the Ion Proton™ Sequencing System provides an unprecedented level of scalability and flexibility to support a broad range of high throughput sequencing applications, ranging from human-scale genome to exome to transcriptome sequencing. The system’s use of the simplest natural sequencing chemistry eliminates the need for expensive optics and complex sequencing chemistries, resulting in a highly affordable sequencing system to own and operate. Real-time, direct, electrical detection of sequencing, combined with the enormous amount of computing power in both the Ion Proton™ Sequencer and Ion Proton™ Torrent Server, enables generation of high quality sequencing results from DNA library to variants in a single day.
Features of the Ion Proton™ System:
- Fastest high-throughput next-generation sequencing workflow with the fastest sequencing run-times of 2–4 hours on the Ion PI™ Chip
- Highest number of complete sequencing runs per week, with a simple and automated workflow (when used with the Ion OneTouch™ 2 System)
- Simple semiconductor sequencing workflows with robust and simple hardware that can be relied upon—no cameras, no optics, and no lasers
- Scalable, high throughput sequencing capabilities enabling up to 200-base single reads and flexible library options (e.g., fragment gDNA, targeted/exome, RNA)
- Small benchtop footprint and mounting capability (with optional rack) (two Ion Proton™ systems per rack), to deliver the only benchtop genome center
- Low-cost platform and attractively priced semiconductor chips and reagents for a range of applications
- Proven Ion semiconductor sequencing requires no complex optics and employs natural nucleotides to deliver highly accurate variant detection, uniformity of coverage, and sensitivity to detect low frequency variants
- Range of fast and simple library solutions and kits with low-input requirements for a variety of applications, such as genomic sequencing, exome sequencing, sequencing sets of genes, and RNA sequencing.
- Complete end-to-end solution from base calls to variants with the Proton™ Torrent Server and Torrent Suite Software v3.0
- Simple and integrated tools for tertiary data analysis with Ion Reporter™ Software for DNA variation analysis across single, paired, or trio samples.
- On Proton™ System Exome WorkflowIon Proton™ System combines with the Ion TargetSeq™ Exome Kit and Ion Reporter™ Software to provide a simple and optimized exome workflow and two human-scale exomes per run. Ion TargetSeq™ Exome Kit provides up-to-date content, high coverage uniformity, and cost effective exome capture. Ion Reporter™ Software is a cloud-based solution that streamlines and simplifies analysis, annotation, and archiving of semiconductor sequencing data, and helps you interpret DNA variants faster. For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Ion Proton™ System Whole Transcriptome WorkflowIon Proton™ System combines with the Ion Total RNA-Seq Kit v2, Ribominus™ Eukaryote Kit v2 and third party software packages such as Partek® and Avadis® to provide a simple and optimized whole transcriptome workflow. Ion Total RNA-Seq Kit v2 provides a fast, simple workflow with as little as 100 ng of total RNA input, while maintaining strand orientation and minimizing bias and error. Ribominus™ Eukaryote Kit v2 provides more than 90% rRNA depletion increasing the sequencing power of the Ion Proton™ System. Third party software package such as those provided by Partek® and Avadis® minimize the data analysis time by providing comprehensive tools and auto-analysis direct from the Ion Proton™ System.Partek is a registered trademark of Partek Inc. Avadis is a registered trademark of Strand Life Sciences Private Limited. For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Ion Proton™ System Targeted Sequencing WorkflowIon Proton™ System* combines with the Ion AmpliSeq™ target selection technology and Ion Reporter™ Software to provide a simple and optimized targeted sequencing workflow. Ion AmpliSeq™ technology offers both custom panels and ready-to-use panels for flexible and simple targeted sequencing of genes or genomic regions. Ion Reporter™ Software is a cloud-based solution that streamlines and simplifies analysis, annotation, and archiving of semiconductor sequencing data, and helps you interpret DNA variants faster.*The content herein may relate to products that have not been officially released and is subject to change without notice for research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- DNA Sequencing of microbial pathogens
- Epigenetic Sequencing of plant varieties
- Fragment Analysis
- Genotyping & Meta Genomic Profiling
- RNA Sequencing and small RNA profiling
- Director, ICAR-CPRI,Shimla(H.P.)-171001
- Phone: 0177-2625073
- Email Id: email@example.com