Inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectroscopy (ICP-OES)
- The iCAP 7200 ICP-OES Duo ( Thermo Fisher Scientific)
- Dual plasma view, A 3-channel, peristaltic pump, having an autosampler, free-running 27.12 MHz solid state RF plasma generator optimized at 1100 and 1350 W, Cyclonic spray chamber, simultaneous echelle grating, charge Injection Device (CID) detector, with a wavelength range of 166-847 nm (with greatest sensitivity above 180 nm).
Submission of samples for analysis:
- Sample should be submitted in solution form specifying the elements to be estimated and their approximate concentrations expected, sample preparation technique (use of acids/solvents) should also be provided. Organic solvents cannot be accepted. The organic solvent has to be either volatilised or destroyed.
- Registration should be done for analysis 45 days in order to enable us for procurement of chemicals etc. as per your need.
- Explosive, poisonous samples and samples giving rise to toxic gases/fumes cannot be undertaken for analysis.
- It is advisable to send about 25 ml of solution. Generally 25 ml of solution is sufficient for estimation of about 10-15 elements depending up on their concentration.
- For special samples like rocks / ore samples, appropriate standards along with the samples should be submitted by user.
- Explosive, poisonous samples and samples giving rise to toxic gases/fumes cannot be undertaken for ICP-AES analysis.
- Upper limit for the number of samples acceptable for ICP-AES laboratory is 200 per week.
- Samples should not have HF in the solution. Excess HF should be evaporated completely or may be neutralised using Boric Acid.
- Optical Emission Spectrometry (ICP-OES) is an powerful technique for the analysis and quantification of trace elements in both liquid and solid samples. Analysis of Ag, Al, As, B, Ba, Be, Ca, Cd, Co, Cr, Cu, Fe, K, Mg, Mn, Mo, Na, Ni, P, Pb, S, Se, Sr, Ti, V, Zn etc. at low level in Plant, biological (blood urine etc.) and environmental (Water, Soil, sediments, etc.). For special samples and other elements like rocks / ore samples, appropriate standards along with the samples should be submitted by users.
Registration for all instrumentsNeeded for giving you a priority number and us a reference to your sample. The ICAR-CPRI Shimla office serves as the registration desk.
National Labs: You can come in-person or send your samples along with a letter from your Institute original letterhead duly signed and sealed for registration stating that the analysis is for research purpose. The letter should be addressed to The Director ICAR-CPRI Shimla.· University/colleges: You can come in-person or send your samples along with a letter from the Head / Guide on your College/Institute original letterhead duly signed and sealed for registration stating that the analysis is for research purpose to qualify for academic concession. The letter should be addressed to The Director ICAR-CPRI Shimla.
- Covering letter should be on your company original letterhead duly signed and sealed and should also consists the following undertaking:”In any event, the content of report/bill is meant for our information only and we will not use the content of this bill/report for advertisement, evidence or litigation.”.If your letter does not contain the above undertaking then your letter and samples for analysis will not be accepted. The letter should be addressed to The Director ICAR-CPRI Shimla.In your letter mention that ” You agree to acknowledge ICAR-CPRI , in your publications and thesis if the Instrument results are incorporated/used in them.”
As per the guidelines of the ICAR in all publications of research work, wherein the analytical services of the ICAR-CPRI have been made use of, the ICAR and the ICAR-CPRI shall be duly acknowledged. Kindly send us the publication reference (Journal name/volume number/names of the authors/date of issue of the publication etc) to us.
- The payment should be made in advance by a
” ICAR- Unit CPRI Shimla.” The DD along with sample and covering letter should be sent to ” The Director, ICAR-CPRI Shimla, in favour of :
- After the sample analysis is complete the results are dispatched. Dispatch through Speed-Post may be requested with an additional payment.
- You can also request for an appointment on an instrument and fix the same in consultation with the respective laboratory or their in-charge for your sample analysis
- All the users are required to submit MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) for each sample they submit and a certificate stating that the samples submitted are non- toxic / non-hazardous and that the sample does not require special precaution while handling.
- Director, ICAR-CPRI,Shimla(H.P.)-171001
- Phone: 0177-2625073
- Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org