Particle size analyser
- Litesizer™ 500 (Anton Paar)
Particle size specifications :
- Measuring range for particle size 0.3 nm – 10 μm* (particle diameter) with +/-2 % accuracy on certified reference material
- Zeta potential specifications: measuring range -600 to +600 mV ; particle 3.8 nm – 100 µm, 40% , upto sample concentration.
- Molecular mass specifications: Mass range 980 Da – 20 MDa; measuring range up to 40 nm (diameter) with +/-10% accuracy
Submission of samples for analysis:
- Solution samples are to be submitted at the time of registration or brought along on the date of your appointment for your sample analysis.
- Characterizing nano- and microparticles in dispersions and solutions. It determines particle size, zeta potential, and molecular mass by measuring dynamic light scattering (DLS), electrophoretic light scattering (ELS), and static light scattering (SLS).
Registration for all instrumentsNeeded for giving you a priority number and us a reference to your sample. The ICAR-CPRI Shimla office serves as the registration desk. : You can come in-person or send your samples along with a letter from the Head / Guide on your College/Institute original letterhead duly signed and sealed for registration stating that the analysis is for research purpose to qualify for academic concession. The letter should be addressed to The Director ICAR-CPRI Shimla. University/colleges
National Labs: You can come in-person or send your samples along with a letter from your Institute original letterhead duly signed and sealed for registration stating that the analysis is for research purpose. The letter should be addressed to The Director ICAR-CPRI Shimla.
- Covering letter should be on your company original letterhead duly signed and sealed and should also consists the following undertaking:”In any event, the content of report/bill is meant for our information only and we will not use the content of this bill/report for advertisement, evidence or litigation.”.If your letter does not contain the above undertaking then your letter and samples for analysis will not be accepted. The letter should be addressed to The Director ICAR-CPRI Shimla.In your letter mention that ” You agree to acknowledge ICAR-CPRI , in your publications and thesis if the Instrument results are incorporated/used in them.”
As per the guidelines of the ICAR in all publications of research work, wherein the analytical services of the ICAR-CPRI have been made use of, the ICAR and the ICAR-CPRI shall be duly acknowledged. Kindly send us the publication reference (Journal name/volume number/names of the authors/date of issue of the publication etc) to us.
- The payment should be made in advance by a
” ICAR- Unit CPRI Shimla.” The DD along with sample and covering letter should be sent to ” The Director, ICAR-CPRI Shimla, in favour of :
- After the sample analysis is complete the results are dispatched. Dispatch through Speed-Post may be requested with an additional payment.
- You can also request for an appointment on an instrument and fix the same in consultation with the respective laboratory or their in-charge for your sample analysis
- All the users are required to submit MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) for each sample they submit and a certificate stating that the samples submitted are non- toxic / non-hazardous and that the sample does not require special precaution while handling.
- Director, ICAR-CPRI,Shimla(H.P.)-171001
- Phone: 0177-2625073
- Email Id:firstname.lastname@example.org